South Harrison Virtual Learning & Supports Program
Dear Students & Parents/Guardians:
South Harrison Township Elementary School District is dedicated to the continuity of instruction and supports while we respond to the present public health challenge we face. The district is currently finalizing its Reopening Plan for the 2021-22 school year. The purpose of this website is to outline how South Harrison will continue to provide instruction and educational supports in a virtual learning environment and in-person format. For more information regarding the leanring programs being offered, select either the SH Teacher Best Practices Guidelines or SH Student/Parent Best Practices Guidelines listed in the toolbar to the left. More information and resources will be added as we continue through this journey. Updates will be added via the link to the left hand side of this page "South Harrison Township School District Safe Reopening Plan."
Please keep the following in mind if your child will be participating in virtual instruction due to quarntine or isolation requirements:
Virtual Programming Roles and Responsibilities – Parents/Guardians (Note: In K-1 students would be moved to a virtual class vs. 2-6 their regular teacher(s) will be live streaming the core lessons in Writing, Reading, Math, and Science or Social Studies.
How can you support your child in their learning process?
- Monitor South Harrison updates and check in with your child daily is critical. Parents can specifically monitor virtual learning tasks, activities, and assessments that students have been assigned.
- Encourage adherence and attendance in the virtual learning check-in times offered by each teacher.
- Designate a place where your child will work independently on his/her assigned tasks.
- Ask your child to provide a brief summary of the learning he/she is engaging in for each class to ensure their understanding of the content and the process they are being asked to engage in to demonstrate their learning.
- Ask your child about their upcoming assignment deadlines and support them, as needed, in submitting assignments in accordance with the established deadlines.
- Email your child’s teacher or have your child email his/her teachers if they have any questions.
- If you are having difficulty with technology, please contact the school's main office at 856-769-0855.
Virtual Programming Roles and Responsibilities – Students
- Dedicate appropriate time to learning, as guided by your teachers.
- Check appropriate Google Classrooms and emails for information on courses, assignments, and resources, on a daily basis.
- Attend and participate in virtual school check-in times offered by each of your teachers.
- Identify a comfortable and quiet space to study/learn.
- Engage in the virtual school platform with academic honesty.
- Submit all assignments in accordance with provided timelines and/or due dates.
- If you're having trouble with technology, please contact your child's teacher.