Special Education Parent Advisory Council (SEPAC)
Who We Are
The Special Education Parent Advisory Council, SEPAC, is a group of parents and educators working together to help children with special educational needs in the South Harrison Elementary School District. SEPAC meets throughout the year to provide a forum for parents to provide input to the district on issues concerning students with disabilities, as well as gain valuable information about a variety of topics relavent to parents and families of students with disabilties. We welcome the participation of all parents on an ongoing basis or only when a topic is of interest.
Our Mission and Goals
The South Harrison Special Education Parent Advisory Committee (SEPAC) works for the understanding of, respect for and support of all children with special needs in our community.
To that end, the SEPAC will work to:
- Promote a network of parents of children with special needs in our district and throughout the region and provide a forum to share information.
- Provide a series of informational meetings on topics of interest for families of students who receive special education and/or educational support services.
- Facilitate communication between parents and educators of students with special needs.
- Promote and support an innovative educational environment where children with special needs have equal access to educational opportunities and a school and community environment where all children are encouraged to reach their full potential.
- Promote the inclusion of our children with special needs in extra-curricular activities.
To learn more about SEPAC contact Ms. Laura Flynn at (856) 769-0855, EXT. 1147.