Social Emotional Learning Resources
Welcome to the South Harrison Elementary School Social Emotional Learning (SEL) resource page! We know this is an unprecedented time, and we want you to know that we are here to support our families. Below is some information regarding social-emotional learning and mental health.
Working from Home
- How to Design a Kid-Friendly Workspace
- Creating a "new" daily schedule
- 17 Apps to Help Kids Stay Focused
- 6 Relaxation Activities That Can Help to Calm Kids During Times of Anxiety
- Mindfulness Videos for Kids
- How to Relieve Stress and Anxiety Using Amazon Alexa Skills
- Feelings Check-In
- 5-4-3-2-1 Grounding
Communicating With Your Children Regarding Coronavirus:
Social stories are individualized short stories that depict a social situation that your child may encounter. These social stories are used to teach communal skills through the use of precise and sequential information about everyday events that your child may find difficult or confusing, thus preventing further anxiety on the part of your child.
- For children to read- SEL Read Aloud List
- For parents to read- Center on the Social and Emotional Foundations for Early Learning
- New Jersey Children's System of Care (Performcare)
- PerformCare partners with the New Jersey Children's System of Care (CSOC) to coordinate the care of your child. We are committed to helping children with behavioral, mental health, or emotional challenges gain access to the services they need.