South Harrison Township School District COVID-19 Emergency Paid Sick Leave & Accommodation Policy.
Policy Elements: South Harrison’s COVID-19 Emergency Paid Sick Leave and Accommodation Policy (EPSL), effective January 1, 2021, replaces the Federal Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) Policy, which expired on December 31, 2020. Although Congress has not renewed the FFCRA at this time, it is the District’s intent to continue to follow the State of New Jersey and County of Gloucester’s Health Department guidance on isolation and quarantine efforts where appropriate; and to provide a means of assistance for employees to comply. As such, employees who meet the qualifications outlined in the policy will be entitled to emergency paid sick leave and/or telework accommodation at the discretion of the Superintendent.
This policy will tentatively expire on April 30, 2021 and will be monitored in accordance with Federal, State and Local guidance related to the COVID-19 Pandemic. The South Harrison Township School District will continue to provide eligible employees with emergency paid sick leave OR telework accommodations under certain conditions.
Eligibility: All employees are eligible for emergency paid sick leave if they meet any of the conditions as described below:
Reason for Leave:
You may take emergency paid sick leave if you are unable to work (or telework) because:
- You are subject to a federal, state, or local quarantine or isolation order related to COVID-19;
- You have been advised by a health care provider to self-quarantine because of COVID-19;
- You are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 and are seeking a medical diagnosis;
- You are experiencing substantially similar conditions as specified by the Secretary of Health and Human Services, in consultation with the Secretaries of Labor and Treasury.
Qualified Reasons for Telework:
The Superintendent may approve telework in lieu of emergency paid sick leave if:
- The employee’s job responsibilities can be met in a telework/remote environment (as determined by the direct supervisor and/or the Superintendent).
- The employee is subject to quarantine or isolation AND is asymptomatic; OR
- The employee’s physician has provided the employer with a doctor’s note clearing the employee for telework.
Employees are entitled to:
- Full-time employees: 80 hours of pay at their regular pay rate
- Part-time employees: Pay for the number of hours the employee works, on average, over a two-week period.
- In order to request a leave or accommodation, you FIRST must complete the South Harrison COVID-19 EPSL Request for Leave of Absence Form **Please note, filling in the form from the browser will often not save properly. For best results, please first download and save the form prior to completing**
- You may elect to use emergency paid sick leave before using any accrued paid leave.
- All emergency paid sick leave must first be approved by the Superintendent.
- Emergency paid sick leave must be entered into Kingsway’s absence management system under the code, “OTHER”, to differentiate from your accrued personal illness days.
- If you need to take emergency paid sick leave or extend an existing request, provide notice as soon as possible. Normal call-in procedures apply to all absences from work.
Retaliation: South Harrison Township School District will not retaliate against employees who request or take leave in accordance with this policy.
Expiration: This policy expires on April 30, 2021
Please Contact Jessica Bittmann, Director of Human Resources with any questions.
(856) 467-4600 ext. 4323