NJ School Performance Report
2018-2019 School District Performance Reports
Below provides information about the 2018-19 New Jersey School Performance Reports, which were recently released and are available on the NJ School Performance Reports webpage at www.njschooldata.org.
Use, Share and Improve the New Jersey School Performance Summary Reports
The School Performance Reports reflect the New Jersey Department of Education’s (NJDOE) commitment to providing parents, students and school communities with a large variety of information about each school and district. These reports can be used as a tool to help evaluate whether all students have equitable access to high quality education. We encourage you to use these reports to:
- Learn more about your school and district
- Start conversations with school community members and ask questions
- Engage with school communities to identify what schools are doing well and where they can improve
Enhancements to the 2018-19 School Performance Reports
The 2018-19 reports include changes that respond to stakeholder feedback collected through a feedback survey, parent round tables and workshops, and stakeholder engagement throughout the year. These changes include:
- Emphasis on progress with new pages showing progress on student growth, proficiency, and graduation rates over the last three years
- Expanded data that allows comparisons between additional student groups (e.g. gender, homeless students, students in foster care) for student growth, chronic absenteeism, graduation rates, and career and technical education program participation
- Additional resources to help explain where the data in the reports comes from and how it’s calculated
- More information including participation in computer science and information technology courses and school-level per-pupil expenditures
One-Page Summary Reports
Along with the full reports, one-page school and district Summary Reports are available. The Summary Reports provide a high-level summary of how well a school or district is performing with data that address questions such as:
- How does our students’ growth compare to students’ growth in other districts?
- Are students at risk?
- Are students graduating?
- How did students perform on assessments?
- Are students college and career ready?
- Do they have access to high-level coursework?
A Summary Report Guide is also available on the School Performance Reports webpage to explain the different data points on the Summary Reports.
The NJDOE continues to seek public input on ways to improve future reports. Please complete the feedback survey at http://www.surveymonkey.com/r/201819SPR or email firstname.lastname@example.org with feedback and suggestions.
NJDOE School Performance Reports: